22 April 2015

Colour and Context

As a student studying graphic design I believe that the use of colour in the correct context is very important, colours will help to convey a message in many different ways.

We looked into the physiologist Dr Max Luscher, which I was introduced to the theory of how he connects emotion to colour. Some of his examples are below.

Red, Yellow, Blue - Primary
Green, Orange, Purple - Secondary
Amber, Lime, Saffron - Tertiary

Warm Colours - Energising 
Cold Colours - Calming

As we got further into the lecture we were shown how he portrayed different emotions through colours and which colours went with what feelings.

Joy - Yellow, Pink
Fear - Grey, Black
Sadness - Blues, Greys
Love - Pinks, Reds
Anger - Red, Orange

By looking at obvious variations and how I depict colours show different emotions I will be ale to emphasise this in my work. hopefully making it easier to convey messages and allow them to have deeper meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment