03 May 2016

Character Creation - Collide

Following on from my previous post where I explained how I found inspiration from the artist ‘Sloppy pencil’. I decided to show the images that were initially tested but didn’t make the cut within the final design.
These were the images I began to illustrate after drawing freehand with pencil and fine liner, then through the use of Illustrator and Photoshop I began to add colour, textures and the black outline, which would allow the image to stand out. Each image was slightly time consuming considering the breakdown of processes and the use of 2 different software’s, they would then finally be merged onto one overall image and placed in a way so that the image worked harmoniously, This was only the finals steps taken after drawing the image up manually.


To conclude the reasons behind why this style wasn’t chosen is because of the extensive time it would have taken o create the say 30-40 separate drawings that were undertaken when within the design process. To highlight the use of colour and textures was something I intended to put in but when merged with other drawings the vibrancy began to fade because of how intricate and complex the piece began to look.



No comments:

Post a Comment