04 March 2016

Bottle development - YCN



Following my initial sketches and research I began narrowing down my ideas so that they consisted of wildlife instead of free flowing shapes and movement. Reasons behind this is so that I could base each bottle on something that would be more than just a throw away element.

The basis of my designs is to show elegance through animals that are either, Endangered or special in some form. Some of these animals included that were not portrayed in my work consisted of Wildlife from various countries within the regions provided.

“Look premium, beautiful and visually engaging”. This statement became something that I tried to uphold throughout. 

My designs were refined down to 4 single Animals that are either represented in there country as special or unique. these were then accompanied by Text of the chosen country they are situated in and combined with a minimal yet effective slogan ‘Limited Edition’. These images were hand drawn from primary sourced references and then scanned and edited through photoshop, adding highlights to whiter areas and darkening out areas that should be black I was able to create something that would look like a flat image and worked effectivley on my edited bottle.

I debated between the uses of colour and the combination of Yellows and Golds to create a look and feel that as stated previous would be more elegant. but I decided against is and went for Glossy Black.

No comments:

Post a Comment