13 March 2016

David Cameron Illustration - Conversation


My illustration was something that took an exstensive amount of time, it was done within illustrator, over a number of days, using my reference image which was hand drawn beforehand by myself. I used images I found on the internet and some artist references to create the illustration lifelike.

The two images to show some of the basic steps I made, from creating the simple shapes which would define the image. I began by creating the basic outlines for each of the main shapes around the body then added to features in terms of hands nose eyes etc. This was then overlapped with fine detail in terms of highlights creases wrinkles and minor details to things such as clothing and hair. The end outcome worked out extremely well as I feel it easily resembles david cameron.

The reason I chose to create the illustration was because I wanted to add my own personal touch to the Newspaper front page I would be creating. My next steps would be to create the layout for the front page, and create headlines and the nformation that would incorporate the front page.


The final illustration to was edited within photoshop so that I could really highlight some of the features. I added some shadows and edited some areas I found that didnt work as well as I first thought. This image would then be used within the final newspaper design and places accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment