11 February 2016

Advertising Cultures - Sean Nixon


Using Sean Nixon's book advertising cultures as my main source of information when creating my essay I gained a large portion of interest in all things advertising and branding, from theories that related to the use of gender to semiotics and psychoanalysis. Within my essay I was able to create the opening structure which was a section on how Social Cultures have to come to adapt and change along with the progress of modern society. As a culture we grow in a way that cannot be predicted when looked at when scoped through things such as personality traits and the ways we interact with each other.
The book itself was a great read especially when I began to read into the chapters regarding Gender within the advertising industry. Something as a male I am currently less effected by. Within my essay I go on to reference the relevant information on how female adults are currently portrayed in a different way to men when addressing a similar product, for example the main body of text within this chapter explained how when perfume or aftershave is being sold they tend to show the female as a weak objective figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment